Content strategy is the basic plan for the management of your upcoming blog. From the blog visuals to the type of content and downloadable media, everything is included in the blog content plan.
Developing a tangible content strategy is the first step to enter in the industry and ensure a progressing growth pattern. Therefore, creating such a promising plan requires you to consider certain factors listed below.
Who is your target audience?
Before beginning with blog content writing, decide who will your readers be. Definitely, your audience would potentially include more than one type of customer, belonging to different backgrounds and age groups. Likewise, your audience also includes new visitors together with your old followers. Hence, your blog content should ideally entice all your readers.
How will your blog help your audience?
A blog can only achieve a disruptive success when it adequately addresses one or more problems of the target audience.
Thus, while selecting blog content ideas, think about how your content will solve a problem, fascinate the readers, and educate them in a friendly way. Plus, your content strategy should also define how your product is more useful for the readers as compared to your rivals.
What makes you stand out?
Your content strategy should emphasize the uniqueness of your product.
Obviously, when you step into the digital world, your blog will face tough competition from the older, well-established blogs that rule the realm. In such circumstances, your content should be comprehensive enough to attract the readers of your rivals, and keep them glued to your product.
It doesn’t mean that you start blatant promotion of yourself through the content. Rather, doing so in an informative, conversational, personalized and friendly manner is all you need.
Decide content format for your blog
Blogging is a vast field comprising various content types and formats. From short articles to long-form blogs, infographics, pictures, videos, or even mixed content, every content type uniquely engages the audience.
However, you may not choose any content format at random. Instead, do some research, see what is prevalent in the market, what has succeeded in attracting the readers of your niche in the past, and what suits your budget. Remember, careful selection of content format is the next key step to design a killer blog content strategy.
Choose the publishing channel(s)
Different content formats have different channels to get published. For instance, you can choose the traditional, but the more professional way of creating your own blogging website. But this requires a little investment from your end as it requires buying hosting services, domain names, etc. However, such blogs are open for uploading different content formats either separately or together.
Another common, yet cost-free way is to use microblogging sites and social media, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Some people also choose YouTube for blogging, precisely, for vlogs. YouTube also works great for uploading videos that you can then share in your blog posts.
Why do you need a blog content strategy?
Today, almost everyone knows about blogging. However, ironically, very few people understand the necessity of developing a blog content plan. In fact, even experienced digital marketers fail to realize the worth of this important step.
Nonetheless, if you are planning to set up a blog that boosts your business and establishes a credible online presence, perhaps, you should consider focusing on creating a blog plan first.
For better understanding, here we elaborate on why you should focus on developing a dedicated content strategy.
- A thorough content strategy helps you create quality content that attracts readers to your blog and keep them engaged.
- Creating a plan lets you decide the tone for your blog content writing according to your target audience. This helps in breaking the ice and developing a friendly relation with the readers.
- Considering the prevalence of ad blockers, you cannot entirely rely on advertisements for monetizing your blog. Hence, quality content plays a key role to increase users’ stay on your blog.
- A blog with killer content glues your product to the readers’ minds. This is especially beneficial if you develop a blog as a marketing strategy for your business.
- With quality material jazzed-up with appropriate keywords and SEO tactics, the content will rank high on search results. In turn, this helps in increasing the overall visibility of your blog as well as your business. All of this is only possible when you prepare a content plan.