Hosting plays a crucial role in the success of your blog. The speed with which websites and especially web stores load is important because this directly contributes to the result and effectiveness of the website or web store. Also in the world of web host companies and renting online servers: Cheap is often expensive. Blog loading times are becoming increasingly important.
A faster blog ensures among other things:
- A better user experience
- A better position in search engines
- Higher conversion ratios
Blog visitors are not only becoming increasingly impatient now that they can use faster and faster internet at home and on the road, they are increasingly expecting a beautiful website that loads immediately and is quickly navigable.
Strangely enough, website speed is usually not a priority for Dutch companies, while there is a lot to be gained there. A good host ensures that your website can be reached quickly and always. But how do you choose a suitable web host? I am particularly satisfied with our hosting provider
What do you need to host for a Blog?
There are often different hosting packages available and before you purchase one of these packages it is useful to pay attention (for a simple website) to the following points:
- Minimum 2 GB storage space.
- 3 GB of data per month.
- 1 MySQL database.
- Possibility to create and manage e-mail addresses yourself.
- Possibility to install applications such as WordPress with 1 click.
- Automatic backups (of your files and databases).
- The server supports the latest software and scripts (PHP 7+).
- DNS management (quite technical but access is handy).
- Handy customer panel (Access to a customer panel where you can set things yourself).
- Is there good (and especially fast) customer service (you can quickly ask a question via, for example, live chat, email, telephone or a support ticket)?
- Which hosting technology is used?
Which is the best web hosting solution for your blog?
As bloggers, we all have different needs and budgets for our blogs. A new blogger starting from scratch will have different needs and priorities to an established blogger with a large audience.
You need to consider a number of factors, such as:
- Tech support and customer service
- Data storage
- Email hosting
Weighing up these factors will lead to different solutions for different bloggers. This means that as your blog develops you should be prepared to upgrade your hosting, or even change providers.